The Dreadful 405
Los Angeles is a city of dreamers. People travel here from all walks of life to pursue their dreams, and ultimately settle down. With thousands of people escaping to LA every year to enjoy the sunny weather and run into their favorite celebs, our city has become – to put it lightly – crowded. As a result, we spend much of our beautiful day sitting in traffic.
While there are some freeways that you can breeze through with no problem, the 405 will turn your quick run to the mall into an all-day event. The junction where the 405 and 101 meet here in Encino can be a hotspot for car accidents.
The 405 itself is consistently one of the busiest freeways in the country, with over 390,000 cars using this freeway per day. The influx of cars all trying to change lanes at the same time is a recipe for disaster, but if you proceed with caution and take your time, you can minimize your likelihood of getting in an accident. If you do, however, always pull over to the shoulder if you can to avoid obstructing the flow of traffic.
If you get in an accident near this junction, or anywhere for that matter, there are a few other precautions you should take, such as:
- Stop your vehicle and get out. Make sure your car is no longer moving, turn off the engine, shift into park, or set the hand brake if you drive a manual. Take a moment to catch your breath. Check to make sure it’s safe to get out of your car before opening the door. Of course, if you are on a freeway this means pulling safely onto the shoulder.
- Check on others involved. Check on all the other parties involved, including drivers, passengers, and pedestrians, to make sure no one is hurt. Call 911 if anyone may be injured.
- Call the police to the scene. Even in minor accidents, a police accident report can prove invaluable when dealing with your car insurance company and other drivers. Cooperate fully, but avoid admitting fault or blaming others while at the scene. Let the police objectively judge events and determine who, if anyone, is at fault in the crash.
- Gather info. Try to write down as much information as possible in the accident aftermath. This can include time of day, driving conditions, and circumstances of the accident.
- Document the scene. If you have a smartphone with a camera, snap some photos of the accident scene. They’ll come in handy during the claim process.
Whether you are commuting to or from the Valley, or anywhere in Los Angeles for that matter, the reality is you run the risk of being involved in a collision. If that happens, the LA car accident attorneys at Novik & Stanley, A Professional Law Corporation, will work hard to ensure you get the best outcome possible. Call us today at (818) 305-6041.
We'll fight to make it right!
Contact Us Today at (888) 355-5552 for a Free Consultation
NO UP-FRONT COSTS!
If you think hiring an attorney is too expensive, think again! By following our legal advice, our clients pay zero fees and have zero out-of-pocket costs until we win or settle their case. Guaranteed.